Now That is One Angry Looking Turtle

Making a hasty retreat after egg laying.



I went out to weed my small flower bed Friday evening and though I had good intentions I went back into the house because this small turtle was busy laying her eggs about 12 inches from my garden. There was a lot of fluid on the otherwise dry earth so I assume these turtles add their bodily fluids in order to dig into the dry rock hard clay soil that is on our property. She seemed to be just finishing her egg laying and covering of the eggs when I got back with my camera. My presence seemed to irritate her and I do think that look is an angry one.




Click on pictures twice to enlarge.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Standing Rock in Kent Ohio

A Fast & Unexpected Ride Home ~ Another life Adventure

Did This Product Work for Me? ~ A Super Clean Review