Long May It Wave ~ Flying the USA Flag ~ A Basic Right



I think I have posted pictures of our son and his cousin at a parade in Kent, Ohio before but here they are again. As I read an article in the Beacon Journal this morning I thought of the parades in Kent and the patriotic waving of flags by all who had them available. We always put our hand over our heart as the flag passed by with the color guards.

I have also talked about neighborhood associations before so it is no surprise to me that a family in Macedonia, Ohio is getting a lot of grief because they choose to fly their American flag on a flagpole in front of their home. Evidently the association has a rule against free standing flagpoles because they think they look bad.

Our 86 year old neighbor Harry who is a WWII veteran has flown his flag on a very high flagpole ever since we have lived here and I like to see it. Click on the link and read the article to see what you think.

There seems to be a lot of anger over something that I think should be a right.


Fight about a flagpole in Macedonia Ohio

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Standing Rock in Kent Ohio

A Fast & Unexpected Ride Home ~ Another life Adventure

Did This Product Work for Me? ~ A Super Clean Review