Daffodils are Peeking Through at Last & The Magic Circle


The heavy snow cover has kept the daffodils at bay. Usually there are sprouts that can be a few inches high in late January even though it is usually cold. The lack of light kept the bulbs from sprouting until now. Today I found a few patches of the Spring flower peeping through the leaves. A couple days of sunlight was all they needed to show themselves. They will continue to grow now even though more cold weather is coming and perhaps more snow will fall. This is truly a good sign that Spring will be here before too long.

My mother had a nice perennial flower garden at our home on Wolcott Avenue in Kent. She had planted a large circle of double daffodils. They were some of the first flowers to show in her garden each year. She called it her "magic circle". I have a few of those fluffy looking daffodils in my yard now. There are no circles. They are just randomly placed all over the property and in the woods behind the house. My youngest sister lives in the house on Wolcott Avenue now. There are remnants of the magic circle where the garden was. I think of mom and her pretty yellow magic circle when I see my daffodils bloom.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Standing Rock in Kent Ohio

A Fast & Unexpected Ride Home ~ Another life Adventure

Did This Product Work for Me? ~ A Super Clean Review