A Battery Blows Apart ~ Mr. Fixit Not Injured in Explosion




I thought nothing of the large boom that I heard early this afternoon. The people that live on the other side of the bike trail behind our house often shoot at targets and the large noise did not seem too much out of the ordinary.  When I went out for a walk around the yard Russ showed me this shattered battery. It had been an old battery that he had just taken off the charger in the garage. He placed it in the mower and turned the ignition key on the mower. BOOM! Pieces of the battery flew up to 15 feet away. Thank goodness none of this plastic shrapnel hit him. Acid oozes from the battery. It will have to be disposed of very carefully. Next time I hear a large explosion I think will go investigate.  It could have been much worse that it was. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Standing Rock in Kent Ohio

A Fast & Unexpected Ride Home ~ Another life Adventure

Did This Product Work for Me? ~ A Super Clean Review