Turning In The Keys



My sister and I went to Bedford Heights yesterday to turn in the keys to my brother's apartment. We checked his mailbox first to make sure that the mail had been stopped. The people who worked in the office at his apartment complex have been very nice throughout this process. My brother had been in his apartment for 41 years. He was the tenant with the longest tenure. I doubt that they will have another tenant as reliable and responsible as he was.

We made this trip into a multipurpose trip. There are a number of thrift stores in the area near where he had lived. It seems that most of the good items are now sorted out in the back rooms of these charitable stores and sent elsewhere. I found one useful item and my sister found a couple of items to sell on Ebay. We used to come home from these stores with a trunk load of stuff. It is not very interesting to visit these stores anymore and I am looking forward to garage sales and flea markets. The weather is not exactly cooperating as you can see from the picture above which was taken this morning.

Most of the snow did melt off this afternoon but it is cold and there is no relief from this weather in the forecast.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Standing Rock in Kent Ohio

A Fast & Unexpected Ride Home ~ Another life Adventure

Did This Product Work for Me? ~ A Super Clean Review