My Flowers are Blooming



The side of the road in front of the house is covered with many of these pretty dandelion plants. I do find them to be pretty flowers. We don't spray our yard so many different plants grow here. I am reminded of the many dandelion  salads that my father fixed with the tasty leaves and buds of the dandelion. He found very large plants in the spring that had lots of the tender unopened buds. Sometimes he made bacon, vinegar and sugar dressing and other times he made sour milk dressing. Both of these dressings made the greens very tasty but bacon dressing was my favorite. I particularly liked the tender little buds of the plant. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Standing Rock in Kent Ohio

A Fast & Unexpected Ride Home ~ Another life Adventure

Did This Product Work for Me? ~ A Super Clean Review