Unhappy Robin ~ Salad From the Yard


I actually went outside to cut some fresh rain washed dandelion greens but as I passed by the bathroom window at the back of the house a robin flew from this nest and landed in a nearby tree and scolded me. I did not stick around to see whether the bird would launch a physical assault on me. This ledge seems to attract robins each year.  This is certainly the source of the singing that I can hear through the slightly open bathroom window. 

Cleaning dandelion greens seems like a chore compared to buying lettuce in the store but I found a few nice bunches with unopened buds and tender looking greens to serve for supper. Green onions and radish slices have been added for a little color and variation. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Old School House in Peninsula Ohio

The Future Brick Path Starts to Take Shape

Bright Stuff and Things Around the Yard