Being Assertive When You Should~Customer vs. Store Supervisor and Clerk


I am usually a somewhat reserved person. Rocking the boat is not my thing. Today I broke through that reserved, mostly quiet, non-confrontational person that I am. I had a coupon to use at the grocery store. It was worth up to $4.00 on milk with the purchase of two of the specified cereals. The coupon did not specify brand or size of the milk. I put a half  gallon of Lactaid milk, priced at $3.98,  into my cart with the two required cereals. I read the coupon again to make sure that I had complied with the purchase requirements. 

When I got to the checkout the clerk challenged my coupon. She said that it did not apply to Lactaid brand milk. The coupon said only "milk" with no other stipulations. She called a supervisor who said that a gallon of their milk is only $3.09 so that is all I could use on the coupon. I pointed out that the coupon said milk and did not specify the brand or size and that this was only half a gallon. It was a high priced half gallon at their store but I had still complied to the coupon and I wanted it free. I planned to stand there and argue until they complied. The line was building up behind me. 

The supervisor turned and walked away waving her hand in the air telling the clerk to give me the $3.98 off. I actually maintained my cool without raising my voice but this should not have happened at all. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Standing Rock in Kent Ohio

A Fast & Unexpected Ride Home ~ Another life Adventure

Did This Product Work for Me? ~ A Super Clean Review