New Life in the Neighborhood


I hurried down to the swampy area over the hill when Russ told me there was a Mallard duck pair with several little ducklings close to the edge where I could photograph them. By the time I reached the edge of the water they had made their way around to some cover and when I approached the drake flew away and I did not see where the hen and the little fluff ball ducklings were hiding. 


The cracked robin's egg shown in the picture was found on the other side of the yard near a pine wooded area. There are plenty of robins in the area and it sure appears that there will be some of the young birds hopping around here soon. I did not see any today however. The yard was quite wet and mushy after a heavy thunderstorm last evening and rain today. We did need rain.


 I looked carefully through the yard to see if I could see what the lightning had struck last night. One of the strikes shook our house and the very loud cracking thunder sound was immediately heard after the flash. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Standing Rock in Kent Ohio

A Fast & Unexpected Ride Home ~ Another life Adventure

Did This Product Work for Me? ~ A Super Clean Review