We Awoke To a Winter Wonderland ~ Got my Bird Bread Today



It's a winter wonderland. The wet snow coated tops and sides of trees, weeds and shrubs this morning. It was mostly gone by early afternoon. This is the part of the season that I do like. 

Thank goodness the roads were not terribly affected so I was on the go most of the day.  One of my trips involved going to the thrift bread store in Cuyahoga Falls. Bird bread is only 12 cents a loaf and most of it is only a few days past date. I bought just 3 dozen hamburger buns and 7 large loaves of white bread for $1.20. Storage is a problem until the weather gets colder or a new freezer is purchased. The squirrels are and birds are enjoying this bread  already. The 3 bun packages were not punched. I am not sure that the birds will get all of those. If you buy 100 loaves the price drops to 8 cents a loaf or package. Larger amounts are even less. 


After pricing bird seed and corn in a few different stores it seems clear that the wildlife in my back yard will be getting this cheaper alternative this year. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Standing Rock in Kent Ohio

A Fast & Unexpected Ride Home ~ Another life Adventure

Did This Product Work for Me? ~ A Super Clean Review