Mom's Magic Circle



Wolcott Avenue in Kent was a great place to grow up. The dead end street ended at our house. It was a quiet street used mostly by the residents. We had a large yard and big vegetable and flower gardens. 

Mom had a perennial flower garden next to the driveway. It had such a nice variety of colorful flowers every year. I could look out of my bedroom window in the mornings and mom would already be down in the garden keeping the weeds at bay. 

Each Spring a green circle of spiked leaves started to pop out of the ground. My mom referred to this as the "magic circle". Soon yellow double daffodils filled in the area to make a large circle of the beautiful blooms. I have a number of these bulbs planted behind the house but this year there is just one bloom. It surely is pretty and it reminds me of my mom. 

Spring is one of my favorite times of the year.  New life and new beginnings are in the air. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Standing Rock in Kent Ohio

A Fast & Unexpected Ride Home ~ Another life Adventure

Did This Product Work for Me? ~ A Super Clean Review